- Enable kernel features.
- Set up users and groups.
- Configure system logging, the boot process, the network and storage.
- Install additional software packages.
- Keep the kernel up to date by using Ksplice.
- Understand how implementing Ksplice gives you zero down time kernel updates.
- Configure services such as NTP, NFS, FTP, OpenSSH, firewalls and iptables.
The Oracle Linux 7: System Administration training helps you develop a range of skills, including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting. Work with expert Oracle University instructors to develop expertise using this solution to benefit your business.
By taking this course, you’ll walk away with the knowledge and skills to handle typical issues faced by administrators, while understanding the kernel development model and Linux distributions. Become more familiar with how Oracle Linux brings you the latest Linux innovations, delivering extreme performance, advanced scalability and reliability for enterprise applications and systems.